Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Adjusting!

I am on day 4 and already so tired from the little chicos at my project site. The kids are so wonderfully smart and beautiful but are trying their hardest to test me and see what they can get away with in class. Its hard to say no to these little ones! I had great success today teaching the kids the days of the week in English and tomorrow we will do the months of the year! Its all very basic but so much for them to take in in a short span of time. I love asking them one word they learned at the end of our sessions! Its a great feeling to see them proudly saying English words! Today was also soup kitchen day at the site where all the local kids can come and eat regardless of if they are in school or not. Its a great day for them but so sad to know that this may be their only  meal for the day. 
Later today I plan on going to the grocery store for some snacks and odds and ends. The food is always home cooked and good but its hard to keep eating rice and beans every meal. I am craving potato chips and chocolate so I will splurge and get some to keep in my room!
I am trying to decide what to do this weekend....so many options here!! A woman asked if I would be interested in traveling somewhere with her so she doesn't have to go alone so we may take a bus up to Monteverde Cloud Forest *http://www.monteverdeinfo.com/*. It looks beautiful. Otherwise a hike in the mountains in San Jose would be nice or even figuring out how to get to Walmart from my house stay may be a task!! In a few weekends I think I will go to the beach in Manuel Antonio. Its a little bit a further but so nice and warm there!

Of course I'll keep you posted on everything!! And I took pictures I just need to locate my usb drive in my suitcase in order to upload them! SOON I PROMISE!

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I just saw your dad's link on FB - what an adventure you are on!! Maybe you told me at Christmas, and I'm sorry if I don't remember (I was on drugs, remember? :) ) I'll subscribe to your blog and see how your trip goes! So proud of you, Cuz! Have fun and make a difference!

    ReplyDelete